Mark & Starrla's "Top 10" highlights from 2010:(In no particular order)
10. Celebrating Mark's 5-year anniversary at Prestonwood Baptist Church.
Recent Sunday Service Intro
9. Beginning a new job as National Program Director at Mothers Against Drunk Driving.Starrla & Vicki, VP
8. Mark teaching through 1&2 Corinthians, Philemon, The Gospel of John and 1, 2, & 3 John through The Way (Bible Fellowship class) and The Journey (Wednesday night service).
7. Welcoming good friends, Blake and Karla Edwards (and twins, Annesley and Addison), back to Texas, where Blake is now a Counselor at Hopeworks.
6. Officiating weddings for several good friends:
Timmy & Joyce Wu, Prestonwood
Anthony & Francette Bueno, St. Thomas
5. Entering the last phase of Mark's Ph.D. studies.
Dallas Baptist University
4. Welcoming the birth of our 3rd nephew.
3. (Starrla) Teaching 80 parenting classes and workshops for schools, churches, and community centers for Parent Family Life Coaching.
2. Completing our yearly goal of running over 2000 combined miles.
Mount Vernon trail, D.C.
Setting personal records: Mark finished in 21:02, and Starrla in 23:10
Finished our 2nd annual Penick Turkey Trot 8-mile Run on Thanksgiving
1. Celebrating Mark's parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary.Starrla with Lisa (Mark's sister) and Shirley (Mark's mother) at the party
With love, Mark & Starrla
Mark and I love East Texas, particularly because that is where we went to college, met, dated and to this day, still have a number of good friends; Mark was ordained and we were married at FBC Longview (below), where he was the Minister to Young Adults and started/preached a contemporary Saturday night service--It is hard to believe that was over 8 years ago...
R&R - We recently got away for a few days to visit old church friends and friends who are pastoring in east Texas and stayed at Stillwater Inn, a favorite restaurant/bed & breakfast in Jefferson.